The key to successful fundraising involves more than just strategy; it requires effective communication. Strong communications support institutional advancement by building enthusiasm and commitment among your prospects, motivating them to make gifts, and steward them by showing the impact of their gifts.
A strategy for success includes an understanding of your constituents that is validated through: surveys and focus groups; compelling messages; careful planning that is coordinated with development and other constituency programs; and effective execution.
Your will have access to experienced senior consultants to assist you in strategic communications to support your philanthropic objectives. We tailor our support to your unique challenges, priorities and constituencies. You will learn to target the right mix of prospects and donors including alumni, parents, grateful patients, subscribers, members, patrons, friends, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
Our broad range of services includes:
Case for Support
There are many ways to tell your story to the public. The FUNDING matters approach is to understand your organization’s unique situation, define its goals and develop a comprehensive approach to achieving its vision. We provide your organization with a customized Case for Support or Statement of Need, which discusses your organization’s unique offering to its various stakeholders and helps them understand your fundraising direction and goals. We look for new ideas and strategic relationships that will turn heads, change minds and raise funds.
Program Analysis and Counsel
- Development office communications reviews that can be comprehensive or focused on your highest priorities such as campaign readiness, principal and major gifts, annual giving, events, e-solicitation or online social networks
- Strategic communications plans
- Constituency research
- Staff and volunteer training
- Writing for principal and major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Writing for annual giving letters, scripts, brochures, websites, and e-solicitation
- Writing for the campaign prospectus, leadership case, public case, collaterals, campaign insider communications, newsletters, e-solicitation, events, and the campaign report
- Full-service execution of all development office communications needs